Wednesday 17 March 2021

Time to vote


It is time to vote. Due to corona we have had an adjustment in the normal routine. Three days. The first two days, limited booths were open for those with frail health, elderly and those most at risk from the virus.

There was also a posting vote option, which, after I read the instructions, deemed a good way for elderly or infirm to still participate in this important aspect of democratic life. Apparently not everyone thought it was 'simple' and many votes are thereby lost- bummer! Not the desired outcome of this extra opportunity offered. C'est la vie!

So today, the official day, my husband and I are off to the voting booth. To 'do our thing' in this country of my birth. It's been a bumpy ride these past 15 months. Everyone is affected in some way or another. Some more than others. It seems though, that only one man is responsible. Only one man has set our country on the road to disaster doom and gloom. Now we all, well the well thinking people I'd say, we all know that's NOT the case. There was a whole cabinet at the helm. And yes, things aren't all peaches and cream. Mistakes, oversights and call the blunders, have been made. Funny that, human failings. So who do you put at the helm? The people who blundered and give them a chance to repair any form of damage made? Or a multitude of tiny parties with little or no experience in this complicated world of politics? For many a torturous lead up to today.

I know on who I'm going to bet. It wasn't hard at all. Is it the right choice? I'll know in 4 years time.

Off I trot- the voting booth is calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment