Monday 24 May 2021

Our weather in the month of May

 

I consider myself a positive/realistic person. I realize there will be clouds hiding the sun from us on more occasions than I prefer. Rain is important to keep the rivers flowing and fish swimming. Just as wind is needed  to spread a breath of fresh air in our world. True, I do understand the need for the forces of nature to do what they are designed to do. It's just the timing that sometimes gets the better of me.

Not being a great fan of high temperatures, I'm more a 25 degree maximum person, and not being negative about a dash of snow here and there, I am a bit of a steady pattern person. That's why I love seasons- all four of them. All in their own good time. Not all 4 in one day let alone in an hour. They don't have to be pinpointed to a specific date, a bit of variation is perfect. Just right now, when our lives are already somewhat derailed due to Covid-19, it would be nice to have some regularity with the weather. 

Well, trying not to be sarcastic, but the weather is being regular- but regularly out of season regular.

Like today. Looked sad and dull outside when I woke. I stood on the balcony like I do each morning, and got wet feet and wet hair. Quickly back inside and made a warm cup of tea. At coffee time, the sun came out and I sighed a sigh of relief. Maybe we could still have a moment in the sun. The wind came up and howled around the walls. "Nope, stay in doors," it said. More rain, some hail. A tear in the clouds and a ray of sunshine reached the grass. Just a wee one mind you. Drizzle next. That fine annoying wet stuff that penetrates everywhere. Sun, wind, rain, hail.... for goodness sake Mother Nature. What's up?

Anyway, I did fill my day with some worthwhile tasks, regardless of the disappointment outside. So you see, I am a positive person. I just get on with other options, whilst acknowledging the bad and getting on with the good.

The lemon curd is in the jar, the other video from yesterday is online and I've purged myself from the 'weather bug' by committing it to print. I see blue sky, yes I do. It's the largest piece of blue I've seen for days. Could it be, will it be a turn around? It is the month of May, almost done. Spring hasn't even had time to unpack her bag and settle in. Maybe soon? Maybe.....!

My second favorite place: The kitchen


No comments:

Post a Comment