Tuesday 4 May 2021

Trying to keep up

 

Another month has passed. The year 2021 seems to have grown wings. How did that happen, MAY? Already!

In my last post I mentioned we had made appointments for our vaccination. The first shot has been had. Absolutely painless and without after effects. Maybe just a wee bruisey feeling where the needle entered the arm. Like someone gave a friendly shoulder thump. It was gone by morning. Now we bide our time till the 4th of June. For the total protection, so to speak.

I'm still taking care, still wear my mask where it is required. Still keep distance yet feel more relaxed. So much so that I even ventured into town by bus yesterday. That was a one way trip. I walked home. Found it still a bit uncomfortable as the bus filled up more than I thought it would. The 54 minute walk home would not only be a healthier option, also a more relaxed one.

I've become quite a hermit. It wasn't hard. My interest in life doesn't lie in shopping sprees, endless lunch dates or wine afternoons. I am a home body by nature, occasionally flying the coop to do what's necessary and yes, also enjoying the company of others, walks, a catch up chat over a coffee and a visit to share time with a friend. Since corona my 'stay at home avoid people' habit has only grown stronger. For my sake and my mental well being I decided I needed to 'get out' a bit more freely. Like taking the bus into town. I needed a new cover for my phone. I had purchased one online. Silly me. Not my thing. I need to have and hold and touch and see. Subsequently I ordered a wrong type and now have two. The company I purchased from have reimbursed me AND told me I need not return the product. Bit odd, but it fits in with my thoughts on online shopping: ODD!

The 'shopping by booking a time slot' was also something I enjoyed. I realise it's not financially viable, but it sure has a charm I enjoyed. So now we, hubby and I, have entered a new phase. We have had the first vaccination injection and already enjoy some form of protection. We feel more relaxed. Although I'd appreciate if the world didn't spin faster than it already does, the 4th of June will be welcome in due course. Onward and upward to an even more relaxed feeling.

Link to a video: Enjoy this video of a shopping moment in Dordrecht. 




No comments:

Post a Comment