Monday 23 May 2022

Writing helps clear my head

 Writing helps clear my head


Welcome back! 


In my 60th year, I started writing, digitally known as blogging. I put my thoughts of ‘paper’ and posted them online for anyone to read. It helped clear my head too I might add. Thoughts have a tendency to lead a life of their own. Having captured them and placed them ‘outside’ my head I sometimes felt a great relief, other times proud of what I’d written and I also experienced moments of delight when reading the comments or even for myself, knowing what I wrote pleased and/ or amused me.


I branched out. Started writing in English and Dutch, instigated a cooking blog and an oma blog. Yep, I managed it all - till it became too much of a ‘have to’ instead of a want to. I also started a channel on YouTube in 2018 called OmaFArAway ( link below). The reason being the impending visit of my grandson Max from Australia. He was coming  to spend two months with me, his oma. What better way to document and share his experiences than with a visual record. I ran out of time. My blogs lay deserted and ignored. 


Then COVID hit the world and had us on our knees. I made an attempt to pick up writing again. Unfortunately, it stayed with the attempt. So here goes. A new start. A combination of blogs and vlogs. Not a separate series though. All in English and a mixed bag of kitchen ideas and thinking thoughts. I won’t remove the other blogs, but the new lease of life will only be on the one blog, OmaFarAway shares stories ( link below) . This blog will stay online if you are interested to read blogs from the past. For those who find English bit difficult, transfer the text into Google translate! Although not perfect it will certainly give the gist of the contents with photos to support the story. I will also post links to relevant videos..or even all the video for that matter.


So bear with me, humour me and just like the YouTube channel, leave a message, comment, note letting me know you’ve been visiting. Much appreciated.


Be good - be kind - keep smiling!






OmaFArAway shares stories: 


https://omafaraway.blogspot.com/


OmaFarAway channel: 


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt48t5MJBQnXZFDLptJwCyg


OmaFarAway: Holiday with grandson playlist:


https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJwwv-q4OH0ljYjj0NKMVyvtZ-97nrXRg












https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt48t5MJBQnXZFDLptJwCyg

2 comments:

  1. Kom maar op Anita! Wat een verrassend bericht. Ik hoop zo dat het je gaat lukken!

    https://arithaschrijfblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ik zie jouw opmerking nu pas, excuses. Ik blog wel weer - maar alleen op https://omafaraway.blogspot.com/ . Ik kan zo m'n tijd beter verdelen. We zijn nu een maand verder en het gaat redelijk goed moet ik zeggen. Ik ben druk bezig met mn videos en verhaaltjes schrijven voor de kleinkinderen. Druk druk maar wel erg leuk. MVG en leuk dat je gereageerd hebt. Fijne week. ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ™‹‍♀️๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ

      Delete