Sunday 23 July 2017

Sharing memories- the privilege of parenting.

Our summer holiday season is mid way. I have enjoyed 2 wonderful weeks away and have since come back down to earth picking up routines and chores that I had let go so I had the space to recharge my batteries.

This morning my ICT expert assisted me in re-organising my failed Office package. I had also received numerous messages from Apple that my storage was filling up. Time to take charge and tidy up my files.

Well I don't know about you, but when I unearth old photos or letters, I tend to get a bit side tracked. The result this time has been that I have mulled over my motherhood period when my children were little. Actually the pregnancy and early years memories to be exact.

Now, I tend to overload my storage area in my head too. The way to clear it somewhat- not erase, just tidy up, is to put thoughts ''on paper'. That is exactly what I have spent the past couple of hours doing. I typed and typed. Fixed errors ( I hope) and have re-read what I've written. Many many memories remain unwritten- but that's ok. What I've shared I am content with.

As a mum and proud of all 3, I realised I have never shared these thoughts with them or anyone for that matter.

I hope that when they read it, they get to know me better. And for those 'strangers' who read my stories- maybe your own memories will float to the surface- and the knowledge of those moments may just trigger a feeling of nostalgia, pride, joy and possibly also sadness and/or regret. All these emotions are human, necessary and hold healing properties where healing is needed. Life is a combination of good with bad. Believe me, none of us escape that unfortunately. Some more often that others.

I have been privileged to have raised 3 children. They are adults now and raising their own families. May their joys be as abundant as mine were, their recollections heartwarming and their rewards unrestricted.

Parenting, one of life's privileges. And I am grateful I was one of those granted that role in life.

Over the next week or so 3 stories of my experiences will be posted...so keep your eye on my blog if you are interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment