Sunday 2 September 2018

Time flies.....

Oh My Goodness, Really, MARCH?? I had no idea it was that long ago that I made a contribution to this blog. Admittedly, I have been pre-occupied. I also spent a lot of time and energy gaining new skills. I've started a YouTube channel , and am pretty proud how that's going.

Here a timeline of months gone past.

April: Grandson Max arrived from Australia to stay for 2 months.
- we visited my dad's place of birth Leeuwarden, Went to Edinburgh for a week and did lots of in betweens.
Mei: On 30th May I waved Max out on his way home after our city trips including Berlin, Paris, Amsterdam, Rotterdam and much more
June: After catching up with friends, taking a short 'break' I welcomed my dear friend Annette from New Zealand. We spent a fun and touristy 8 days in Nederland.
July: Arrived in Dover on the 30th June to spend the next 12 days in Wales. After arriving back home- a surprise early call up for hand surgery.
August: All in the throws of re-couperating and also two mini trips away. One to France ( Givet) and a 4-dayer to Sauerland, Germany.

It is now 2nd September. My hand hasn't yet healed ( sigh sob sigh sob) and Autumn is slowly creeping closer. I cannot believe I've neglected this spot but seeing what I have been up to...well, not surprising I have been 'away'. Check out the YouTube channel though if you want to catch a glimpse of all those wonderful experiences I was privileged to share with my grandson and my dear friend Annette. What a beautiful world we live in. Must admit to have fallen in love with Wales. Can't wait to get another opportunity to visit there.

My hubby and his brother are away at the moment. An annual thing. I'm enjoying just being home. As I mentioned, my hand is causing some concern. The swelling after the operation just won't leave the building. My (left)  hand is virtually not participating in my daily activities- including now while I try to type. Thankfully I am right handed. Ever tried decapitating an egg with one hand? Believe me, not a pretty sight. It would make a tough grown man cry!

Yesterday I took to the footpath- and tread my way into town. Saturday market was my goal. On my way home ( I decided if I could walk into town I could also walk home) I met a lovely kiwi traveling couple Sara and Jason. I recognised the accent as I passed their camper and Jason spoke to his traveling and life's companion Sarah. Well, that's like red rag to a bull. I was drawn, like a moth to a lamp, to connect. Such a warm bath feeling speaking to others 'from home Down Under'.

My day was absolutely one to list in the top 10. What a lovely people one meets on the most unexpected moments in life. Travel safe you two. I'll be following your travels from now.

Anyway, as I said, if you want to do a catch up- lots to see: OmaFarAway. I'll be posting more videos there as we do tend to travel around  a fair bit playing tourist in own country. My new home town: Dordrecht also features. I started it as I thought it would be a gem for my grandchildren later- to have instead of the black and white photos I have of my grandparents. Precious as they are mind you. My memory of them is definitely in colour!

I did blog but on my other blog which is bi-lingual ( Dutch/English) Also called OmaFarAway. Mainly bi-lingual because the children and grandchildren don't read or speak Dutch.

Well, that's me for now. Time to rest my overworked right hand. Coffee calling!! Enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment