Tuesday 9 September 2014

Challenges

That word popped involuntarily into my head moments ago. Just when I was planning to spend time writing. Haven't had a lot of space for writing lately, what with one thing and another.

Today though, I am claiming it - time that is. Putting a stamp on 3 pm till 5:30pm -
To write...


Challenges: Wow, when I checked it out online I found all these descriptions for 'to challenge or challenges'  and they came across quite, well, not really negatively aggressive but certainly actively aggressive.

The noun- challenge

1. a call or summons to engage in any contest, as of skill, strength, etc.
2. something that by its nature or character serves as a call to battle,contest, special effort, etc.: Space exploration offers a challenge to humankind.
3. a call to fight, as a battle, a duel, etc.
4. a demand to explain, justify, etc.: a challenge to the treasurer to itemize expenditures.
5. difficulty in a job or undertaking that is stimulating to one engaged init.
6. MILITARY: the demand of a sentry for identification or a countersign.
7. LAW: a formal objection to the qualifications of a particular juror, to his or her serving, or to the legality of an entire jury.

So maybe for me to not 'find' time but to actually 'claim' time is the way to go to be able to give call to my urge and WANT to write - my CHALLENGE.

Daily we are CHALLENGED I feel.
Challenged in the sense of meeting our own demands of what the day should hold or bring.

That we achieve the goals we set, that the world demands of us and the demands we give in to from those around us ( e.g. friends - family).

When I looked for some images for this blog ( for which the inspiration came as my fingers reached for the keys on the keyboard) I came upon many which confirmed my inclination that a challenge is more often seen as a burden, something to ' get your shoulders under'. A 'task'  with numerous hurdles to overcome.


I see a challenge as being something to ACHIEVE. Having looked more closely at the word and it's description I am still struggling with the thought that the word challenge is something to overcome - to conquer but then in the sense that is must be - and maybe, just maybe, when people are faced with CHALLENGES, they are discouraged. That what they face may be too everything:

HARD, 
DIFFICULT, 
FULL OF HURDLES.
...and as the old saying goes " anything with too in front of it is to be avoided!"

I see a challenge as the path to travel - of reaching a destination. 

In many parts of our world the CHALLENGE is to find a way to peace. 

If we keep thinking that a challenge is a hurdle to take - we may never find the path, solution or way to that PEACE.

And there is a way - LOVE.

The CHALLENGE as I see it is -

Find the way to love one and other - and the world will ACHIEVE 

peace















2 comments:

  1. I like that - "claiming" time. I think that's often a better way to look at it, for there is always something that can keep us from writing, isn't there? Thank you for expanding on challenges too. Now I am off to fight the challenges that keep me from claiming time to write. :) Appreciate the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have an inspirational week Karen. May your fingers fly across that key board as though they have grown wings!

      Delete