Wednesday 8 January 2014

Yea! It is Monday....

It is Monday- the first working day after the festive holidays for many ( here in de northern hemisphere anyway). I felt it this morning when I got up- the air was filled with a new energy. A new working week in the offing after days of festivities, family time, renewal and more than likely plenty of good food to go with all that.

I don't have to clock in anywhere in particular for work, but my day did start more structured this morning. I am working on a new project and utilise my time to gather information, exchange ideas and write up the facts. I don't have to venture far to do this sort of work- all one needs is a desk, computer, internet and comfortable chair. Quite stress free working from home.

My aim this week is to re-organise my website ( A-plus Products), polish up  my administration for tax purposes and go to and hold scheduled meetings. So my diary is pretty full over the next few days. And that makes me happy. Happy because I am energised, capable and raring to go, tackling new things and thankful that I am surrounded by people who also enjoy my company as well as I do theirs.

My intention to face each day with enthousiasm, to experience a 'New Year" each morning - comes naturally. I wake up rested, keen and full of ideas and energy. More importantly I smile at my day as soon as I wake. I am grateful to be alive, fit and well. That is part of my night time prayer- 'Lord keep me safe, give me rest and renew my energy'. And He does!


I fully realise that it isn't easy for everyone to be as enthousiastic or energised each morning. That is my prayer, my wish for all. I ask myself constantly " how can I help contribute to help make that happen?"

It is a trend to seek answers via internet- on Social Media many post wisdom messages- either for themselves or for others. In support, to give advice or a shoulder to lean on. I too find it difficult sometimes to find the right words to encourage someone, offer hope or at least compassionate utterances when and where needed. I pray for guidance and wisdom. I read my bible. I am inspired by different means. Yes, I also sometimes look up Wisdom online - like this one,

"Worrying doesn't remove the uncertainty of your tomorrow, but it consumes the power of the HERE and NOW!" ( author unknown)

or-  most powerfully the statement from Nelson Mandela (1994 Inaugural speech)

"We were born to make manifest the glory of GOD that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone. As we let our own Light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others".

Every day is a gift. Each day a new beginning. My day starts after my prayer of thanksgiving. That I am grateful for my day, my health, my possibilities and probabilities. I ask for wisdom and for a clear mind so as to make the right decisions, meet the right people and be at the right place(s) at the right time.  That's when my day starts- time to get cracking.

I wish you all the peace and joy of today- in all that you do and in everyone you meet!


No comments:

Post a Comment